Leadership Training: What it takes to lead?
This 1 day training program is designed for preparing non managers/ managers to take on new challenges and responsibilities. Participants will discover challenges of leadership in current Global Environment. Through role-playing, self-assessment tests and case studies, participants explore leadership roles in building organisation culture, communicating as leader, interpersonal relations.
Participants will be able to identify their own leadership style and learn use it for maximum impact.
Any manager or executive who needs to step into a leadership role or who is about to take on a new challenging assignment.
Leadership in a Dynamic, Global Environment
- Perceptions of Leadership
- The leadership challenge
- Understanding the interrelated factors that impact change.
Leadership in Organisational Excellence
- Organisation type and leadership development
- Building cultures of organisational excellence
- Questioning the ‘status quo’: innovation or adaption?
- Role model leadership through personal execution
- Customer focused leadership
The Communicating Leader
- Communication: the leaders essential tool
- Interpersonal, open communication is two-way
- Great leaders listen: active listening techniques
- Communicating and presenting with impact and passion
Leadership and Trusting Relationships
- Successful interpersonal interaction develops leaders with trust
- Characteristics of a leader’s interpersonal interaction
- Utilising diverse interaction styles productively
- Building the capacity for trust
Leadership Building the innovative responsive environment
- Building an environment of innovation and improvement
- Understanding problems inherent with change and transition
- Developing a personal change plan
Leadership review of essential qualities.